Last night I had a girls night with some friends, we watched Hocus Pocus, ate nachos, drank mulled wine, and devoured these delicious, super gooey pumpkin chocolate bars. It was the perfect Fall girls night. (You should 100% be jealous.)
This recipe is extremely easy, requires no special ingredients or tools, and is a definite crowd pleaser. Try them out and let me know what you think!
2 Cups AP Flour
3 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 Cup vegan butter, softened (Can use vegetable oil as a sub)
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup + 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
1 12 oz bag Vegan Chocolate Chips, I use Trader Joe's brand
1. Preheat oven to 325°F, and grease a 9" x 13" glass baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together all dry ingredients, set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat together softened vegan butter and brown sugar using a hand mixer on high until light and fluffy.
4. Add vanilla and pumpkin, beat again until well incorporated and as smooth as possible (Some visible butter is fine, the butter doesn't love mixing with the pumpkin.)
5. Pour dry mixture into wet mixture and mix together using the hand mixer, careful not to overwork. Finish mixing with a rubber spatula.
6. Once batter looks evenly mixed, fold in chocolate chips with the rubber spatula. Batter will be thick, almost like cook dough.
7. Scrape batter into prepared baking dish, and smooth out using your hands or a rubber spatula. (I have found that using clean, wet hands works best.)
8. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting.
9. Watch Hocus Pocus and eat the entire pan. ;)